- Location:Trowbridge, Wiltshire
- Contract Type:Permanent
- Working Hours:40 hour shift pattern
- Closing Date:Sat 8th December 2018
We are looking for a Security Officer to ensure the safety and security of people, premises and property across our Trowbridge site companies.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in a similar role and be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of how to deal with conflict whilst maintaining a professional and polite manner at all times.
The successful candidate will work 40 hours per week Monday to Friday with responsibilities of being on call alternate weekends. Some night working may be required, on occasion.
* A VALID SIA LICENCE AND A VALID DRIVING LICENCE IS ESSENTIAL FOR THIS ROLE *
Main duties include, but are not limited to:-
- Authenticating right of access to the workplace
- Searches on employees, vehicles and lockers when necessary.
- Maintaining accurate records of any incidences that occur
- Following up all call outs to the site, and to prevent further occurrences in the future.
- Assisting the Security Manager with monthly audit checks on Fire doors, Emergency lighting and Fire hatches
- Arrange use of covert camera if and when necessary.
- Assist visitors to site
Required Skills and Competencies:-
- SIA licence is essential
- Full UK driving licence is essential, with own transport desirable
- A first aid qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Technical knowledge of CCTV and alarms
- Knowledge of CCTV data protection legislation
- An understanding of health and safety in the workplace.
- Must understand the importance of confidentiality
- A solid employment background with gaps accounted for
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Must be proactive and have the ability to think on their feet
How to apply
If you would like to join our team then please see a list of our current vacancies here with details on how to apply.
Is this job not for you?View other available jobs
We are often looking for skilled people with furniture manufacturing experience. If you don’t see a suitable vacancy listed but feel your skills and experience would benefit our business please fill in the contact form below and attach a copy of your CV, or complete an application form here
- For recruitment enquiries use the contact form below: